Saturday, August 9, 2008

Boy Oh Boy!

I was again smiling today after a very enlightening Staff Development Course in my school. "How To Counter Stress?" Err, when I read the topic I thought I liked it (even though to me it was very ordinary.....).

But this speaker was quite extraordinary. Fortunately I sat right in front of him, just the right place to 'absorb' every single word uttered by him.

At home, I was quite pleased to find that everyone had something productive to do. As I was cleaning my house, I stumbled upon my eldest son's trophies. I am proud to say that he has been chosen as "Tokoh Sukan (L) 2008 of SAMER" and "Tokoh Olahragawan SAMER 2008". At least his efforts have paid off! I had a tough time convincing him to attend tuition last year as he was extremely concerned about his co-curricular activities. To him these activities were very important but his obsession with the co-curricular activities sometimes irked me!

He finally earned his reputation not through club activities (even though I heard that he is a versatile emcee) but through the athletic event (long jump) that he took part in this year....(see who his mother is, ehem).

He finally gave in to my persistent 'nagging' at the end of 2007 and I think he would like to thank me for doing so as the tuition centre is really an eye-opener to him.

A few hours ago, I received a call from an unfamiliar caller, the ringing was brief and I decided that it could be a wrong number. When it rang again, I discovered that it was from my boy (no. 2). who had asked me to return the call immediately. As I looked at my husband with a puzzled look, my wise husband's reply was "He must have lost his handset".

Thanks to the OLYMPICS coverage from Beijing for taking 50% of my husband's attention while I was talking over the phone with my boy. True enough! "Mom, someone stole my handset. Could you please bring my old handset tomorrow? Also please can I have a new Simcard?"

I am pretty sure all those words will never reach my husband's ears 'coz mom is always the one to turn to when things get stolen, or need replacement....

Boy oh boy. A perfect ending to a perfect day.

1 comment:

princess wanie said...

hye teacher
view my blog ;)