Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Love Story

It has been nine days since my 5A students wrote their version of love story.

Perhaps they dread the idea of writing this sort of essay , furthermore the person reading it is me! I may seem to be a bit 'past it' to really understand their love story. But remember, I was once 17 years old , hence I should be able to somehow figure out the head and tail of their stories.

I accept all their stories, considering that most of them came from their imagination. You can tell that they did not mean any harm with their stories, well...just take a look at the loolipop that they suck after break (or 'recess' as used in American English).

What more important is that they believe in the magical power of LOVE and they learn the subtle nuances of stages in their everyday lives. This in turn will change their perspective of life and they learn to handle difficulties better than their elders.....one day, hopefully.

It is not obvious to them yet, but one day in their life they will remember this essay and they will realise just how long they have left school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe in God and somehow believe in Love. The meaning of "Love" is too broad. However, whatever Love is, there should a real principal: devotion and commitment.