Sunday, August 31, 2008

I Am Just Passing By

A friend of mine just lost her father last night.

I was in tears when I left her house this morning after listening to Pn Noraidah's explanation of our friend's father's 'final moments'.

It made me think of my destiny which I can't foretell when exactly it's going to take place.

About 15 days ago, I was in the hospital and here I am today, able to enjoy 85 per cent of my normal life which I used to have. In fact, after I return to work, I am even happier than before. Thursday was a 'trial', Friday was getting more real and Saturday was a good one! Of course, I met two people who made statements like "The surgery was only a minor one, right?" and "OK, there's work for you...". Hey, please learn to be more understanding!

Never mind, back to my destiny.

43 years have passed and I have breathed in the wonderful oxygen (and other gases) , and perhaps I should also add that I have escaped a number of mishaps unscathed. Let's have a quick check at the list of events that I may have encountered along my 'path':

-went to school, yes; went to uni(s), yes;
-fell in love, yes; fell out of love, thank God no;
-have a family, yes; have a career, yes;
-hate my workplace, no 'coz hate is a strong word;
-lost my loved ones, yes I lost my father 10 years ago and my grandparents whom I adored so much and my uncles (I loved them too);
-financial difficulties, yes; receiving unexpected 'durian runtuh' ( a windfall), yes 3 times at least
excluding the bonus for the government servants (ehem, be nice to me this month);
-lost my belongings, ..... (can someone answer this one for me?),
-feeling appreciated, yes;
feeling neglected, unfortunately yes also;
-being slim, yes (not so long ago); being not so slim,.....(answer this one for me, please).................oh, the list goes on.

When I reach my destiny, I wish that I'll be ushered to the door marked 'Heaven'. But for now, I need to do the right things, and I shall always want to do just that. Excuse me, let me pass now.

*I wish to offer my condolences to Pn Anita and her family (I know Hanani Hani F2 and Hazwani Hani F3).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time passes too fast, and I can't really catch the real meaning of life. However, I never believe in destiny, but the word "destiny" sometimes become a reason for bad luck. Whatever we do, we have to take the responsibility, not the God.
Selamat Berpuasa, teacher!
I have fasting for two years, then this year will be the third. No surprise, as I am a Malaysian... Take care!

maheranhz said...

iskandar, you are a gem!