Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Real Progress

Judging from the above photo, one might think that I am as fit as a fiddle. Actually, it was taken two days ago when I had no choice but to reverse the car a few centimeters .

Progress? The car was safely parked. On the other hand, the action that took up 5 seconds to complete resulted in the doer being treated to a light massage on both arms. I felt pain but the caring treatment from my children had soothed the pain.

On a lighter note, my second daughter, Naimah, who is sitting for UPSR tries to break the dull routine of this holiday by baking a cake for us, especially for her brother , Mukhlis, who is going back to his school on Sunday.

Checking through the ingredients, she realizes that we have only one egg...that's not enough to bake one decent cake. Eventually, after a discussion with Aisyah and me ( I suggest mayonnaisse in place of eggs), she puts all the ingredients in a bowl and starts whipping the batter.

Progress? The cake is ready after one hour and before every body in the house knows about its existence, the cake is only a quarter left.

Finally, it is Sunday and it is time to say bye2 to the wonderful holiday. Even though my movements are very restricted, I would like to take Mukhlis back to his school. However, his handset needs to be replaced first.

So, in the morning I went to Parkson Ria with him and we were chauffered by my husband. I did not really scrutinize every handset on display. Instead, I let him choose one which he liked. My husband suggested he get a simple one as the more sophisticated ones have become the targets of those 'thieves'.

Being a typical man he was, (I'm referring to my young man), it took him less than 10 minutes to decide that he only wanted the cheap one which the salesman mentioned to have 'just the bare necessities'. I looked at the brand and design...Hmmm, not bad. Just that, it was cheap.

Progress?

I looked at him, looking for any signs of satisfaction, or otherwise. Yes, indeed he was satisfied and completely sure of his decision (did I ever mention about my sixth-sense?). So, without wasting time, I settled everything and slowly we left the booth , in order to make our next purchase which was 'Essence of Fish With American Ginseng' at a nearby pharmacy.

I was almost dragged by him ( 'cos I was slow and I had to hold on to him) . I whispered to him "I am sorry that I could only get you this handset today, but I am glad you like it". He turned to me and replied, "It's ok, thank you mum. I'll get 10 A1s, I'll try my best, I promise!"

Well, I call that A REAL PROGRESS!!

No comments: