Friday, August 8, 2008

The True Meaning of A Wedding Anniversary





Told you! August is a fantastic month. So far, I feel good waking up in the morning to another wonderful day!

Last Tuesday was no exception as I marched to my room after clocking in at the office. As usual, I arranged my books and files and I started recalling my plans for the day.

I knew that Tuesday was always my busiest day. But my morning duty was checking the teachers' attendance and assigning people to do relief duties, for the morning lessons as well as Memburu Bintang. But in the back of my mind I still remembered how my other half grabbed my hand this morning and wished me "Happy 18th Anniversary".....I was all smiles....

My smiles were shortlived when this very Tuesday turned out to be such a busy day..... Almost everybody in school was buzzing around the school, fixing the Resource Centre and putting up notices etc etc, all in the spirit of taking part in a National level competition for the best School Resource Centre (PSS) in Malaysia.

To my horror, and perhaps to my relief, during the morning housekeeping, my boss no. 2 mentioned about the Pondok in the school which was one of the important venues that needed to be spruced up. Hey, wait a second, Pondok? Which one was mine?

Actually I had spent a number of days hibernating in the Language Room, also going to a few hardware shops and persuading our gardener to do some 'touch-ups'. Little did I realise that apart from that room and another room (Bilik Intervensi), I should also check on the pondok! But as far as I could remember, my teachers had already decorated our pondok.

So, I went the the pondok just to confirm that I need not do anything else and I was already set for a memorable wedding anniversary celebration!

Eventualy, I found that the pondok was already decorated by my teachers plus a sign board which was full of materials put up by ???? , but, but....there was a sign "Balai Ilmu Jabatan so and so". Hey, that's not my department! There must have been a mistake!!!!! I was then left with 2 other old and abandoned pondoks! There was one more pondok but I could not figure out whose!

To cut the story short, I immediately contacted a few people , arguing with them, venting out my frustrations.... but of course I did that just so that people realised that a proper communication and proper assignment was to be given when implementing any school programme. No hard feelings, really.

This time my husband was not spared the task of repairing the dilapidated pondok. I contacted my husband asking him to help me out! I really did not expect him to agree without any hesitation but that was exactly what had happened. A few teachers (who were the hardworking type) offered to help me but I only asked them for ideas and for any materials they could lend me as I knew how terribly busy they were.

We completed the task with the support from Pn Norwapidah who sent a few students to carry the flower pots and not forgetting the Form 1 Melati boys who were so obliging. It was cute that they wrote down their names on a piece of paper and reminded me to record their contribution in the Merit Files.

At about 6pm my husband and I left the school with the little energy we had left. Thank God I did not let Aaron stay back to help me as he had offered to do so.

Indeed I treasure this 18th wedding anniversary spent at the 2 pondoks!

2 comments:

MASTURA OSMAN said...

Kak Haslina,

No matter what, I salute!. You had sacrificed a lot. The different meaning of a wedding anniversary and it was cool!

maheranhz said...

really? thanks mastura. however i really wish one day our school will be free from vandalism.

thanks for your support too!