Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tick Tock Tick Tock

It is 10.52 am, Friday morning, 15 August 2008. What a lovely morning!

I am very much alive. Gazing out of the window of this hotel room, there is absolutely nothing that I can see apart from rows of other windows. The shape of this hotel is fabulous , modern, airy (not eerie!) and numb(?) like "There's Been A Death In The Opposite House".

The cute(?) faces of my students (be it the 4ML, 4 MW, 5A or 5KJ students) come to mind during this critical hours. Also the four boys who are now travelling from Kajang to Rembau, to take part in a national level competition.

The nurses come in to check on me every few hours, more often than the doctors whose visits can give me the creeps! It is not my intention to scare you guys, but sometimes their intelligence and ability to communicate politely spurs an overwhelming respect from me. They don't demand any respect, but their mere existence....they've got style! And their professionalism is shown through their conduct (and just to add- through their handwriting too).

I think when I get to go back to school (the time is indefinite?), I should encourage more students to become doctors. I still remember telling the 2 Harapan students to choose medical as their profession (that's way back in 2005). I am sure some of them are now seriously considering it, not because of me, but because they have realised that they are capable of doing it.

Anyway, in one and a half hours, the school bell will ring (shrilly) and the students will begin a journey of 9-day-holiday. Just wishing all of you- a very happy holidays. I sincerely hope everyone will be refreshed on 25 August!

As for yours truly, she is still waiting to be called to the OT. She'll be fine.....God Willing!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worry teacher. Aaron, Mahesan and friends will take care of themselves, I'm very about that.
Finally, I'm now on my way to be a medical doctor, but sadly that is not my final target. Politics will be my last step, if God does not fail me.
Take care, even though I do not know what is going on.

maheranhz said...

medical is not your final target? that's food for thought....it shows how we change and progress as we grow older. should pay us (in semekar) a visit , then we can ve a long chat- one day?