Sunday, August 31, 2008

Muslims Are Not Malays

How I wish I had a photo for this blog entry!

Anyway, it is 1 September 2008, 7.05 am. I did try to sleep but I simply could not get back to the dream world.....it was as though I had missed the train to the dream world.

It is the first day of Ramadhan and before I start to rattle on about Islam, the teachings of Islam and the cultures of the different nations that embrace Islam; I had better talk about why Muslims are not Malays.

Firstly, have you tried looking at someone without automatically diverting your thoughts to his race? Secondly, are you in the habit of selecting your friends based on their colour? Next, does it hurt you if you see or hear someone curse or talk bad about another person by mentioning the person's race? eg "Mamak" or "Cina....." or "India...." I consider it a blasphemy.

Anyone can embrace Islam and Islam does not say that it is mandatory to change one's name after embracing this religion.

You still have the same parents, respect them.
You can still use chopsticks for eating, who says you must change that culture?
You can still cook and eat with your parents, they are not dirty.
You can marry any Muslim, not necessarily a Malay.
You just change your aqidah, which requires you to understand that whatever you do, the aim is to please Allah, not a person or the ringgit notes. That is the final destination!

To all Muslims , Happy Fasting , this is more important than Hari Raya.
Yes, to Iskandar Zulkarnain The Emperor too....

No comments: