Thursday, August 14, 2008

What's Up, Doc?


Yesterday evening a woman rang up my husband (why did she use my husband's number, eh?) only to ask to speak to a Puan Haslina. Hey, that's me!

She claimed herself to be a doctor. Hmm, this was the first time I received a call from a doctor. (Well, I mean a doctor who wants to speak about other things instead of, "Hi, how are you Has? Long time no see! What? You are a teacher now?......")

The doctor wanted me to have my holiday earlier than my students and all the school children and school teachers in Malaysia. "Is it ok, Puan?"

I immediately turned to my husband, whose attention was 50% at the Games coverage and 45% at my conversation, "Ok, bang?" The 'bang' is not a sound you hear when your car hits something or when the police are trying to arrest a merciless serial killer. A nod from him was enough to signify an approval.

So, eventually, the night was well-spent checking my to-do list and actually materialising it. I began my multi-tasking at about 8 pm and finally decided to call it a day after 6 hours.

So, guys, no hard feelings.....see you later. Anyway, school holidays start tomorrow. Adios!



No comments: