Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nightmare

Thursday 28 August 2008 - 7.00 pm

Even before I went to register at the Selayang Hospital on 14 August 2008, I was having sweet dreams about so many things. Dreams? - the whats and whys - A dream is an imaginary series of events that you experience in your mind while you are asleep. The other definition is - a dream is also something which you often think about because you would like it to happen.

I guess I never stop dreaming (both types of dream).

But last night, after convincing myself that I was fit enough to test the 'treacherous waters' of life outside my safe home, I decided to retire at 12.30 am. (I know, Pn Mastura was the first person to read my latest blog post because she read it a few minutes after that,.... hi! Mas!)

To my surprise, this time sleep was difficult and almost impossible!

I got up at 3.30 am, feeling my head spinning and heavy. I switched on the light and turned off the fan. Oh, no progress! My sympathetic partner got up to give his moral support but I knew that I should not disturb his sleep. I got up and found a glass of water and quickly I took two panadols. Not much progress....

I went out of my bedroom and arranged a few cushions on the living room floor and there I was, dozing off slowly.

The bad news was that the dream that I had, involved my boss and my colleagues and I was forced to solve a mystery that really baffled me! It was a NIGHTMARE!

When I finally got up at 6.00 am, my better half checked my temperature and he recommended that I take a bath and see if I was really fit to go to work.

You can guess what I finally decided to do.

2 comments:

MASTURA OSMAN said...

Salam Puan Haslina,

After all, I jumped into conclusion that you are such as the greatest teacher and mum especially to them( 5 Anggerik and 5 Melor). Life is so meaningful if our students do appreciate us.

maheranhz said...

pn mastura,
that reminds me that i should , one day, write about showing our appreciation. thanks mas!