Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And So I Thought!

Another 30 minutes to breaking fast, Wednesday 3 Sept 2008.

My youngest daughter, Zainab liked to treat mum as her idol.

Q : "Zainab, why are you doing that?"
A : "Mak likes doing it this way".
Q : "Zainab, what do you want to become?"
A : "A teacher, like Mak".

Sometimes, she could be exaggarating too. Eg:
Q : "Zainab, why are you wearing such tight pants?"
A : "Mak also wears like this".
(What????????)

And so my perception was that Zainab was trying to be Haslina Junior. Whatever mum did was good to her.

Things took a turn, one day. (I am not very sure whether it is for the better or worse).

On Tuesday, 26 August Zainab came home, looking very determined when she entered my bedroom. At that time, I was still weak after the operation.

"Mak, please sign here, below my essay"

"OK"

Out of curiosity, after signing at a space marked
'Dibaca oleh ibu:...', I read her essay. Let's read it together:

Cuti Sekolah.

Pada cuti sekolah yang lalu saya melawat ibu saya di Hospital Selayang. Ibu saya dibedah kerana ibu saya banyak lemak jadi itulah akibatnya sebab tak berjasmani.......

Oh gosh, I must have got the wrong message about being her idol!

2 comments:

MASTURA OSMAN said...

Puan Haslina,
I wish I could have daughter such as Zainab. Very innocent but at the same time tried to show her concerned and good creativity to her mum. Still remembered our trip to Langkawi together with Zainab.

"Hi, Zainab..auntie Mas here, puasa tak hari ni?

maheranhz said...

pn mastura,
"this is Zainab. Mestilah puasa!Thank you for asking!"

mas, she's happy.....thanks!