Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Secret of The Torn Batek

Oops, again, it's the time of the month where I should only wear red baju kurung.

But it's Thursday tomorrow. I won't have much choice 'coz only Batek can be worn on every Thursday.

Being the 'efficient' me, without delay I grabbed the only reasonable red batek I could find and took it to the laundry room , and there I spent my next few precious minutes ironing the batek that would be worn tomorrow.

Suddenly, something on the batek caught my attention!. I certainly despise this! A
torn batek, but the only red batek that I could find! Furthermore, this batek is just one year old!

I kept on ironing while mulling over my next course of action. After what seemed like ages, (with a sigh), I decided to just carry on with my original plan. My students would be busy answering the Agama/ Moral questions tomorrow and they would hardly look up, hence, that would save my day. It is also 30 minutes past midnight, so nobody would read this blog until school is over tomorrow....the secret is safe!

Deep down, I wish I lived just 100 metres away from Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman ! That reminds me that I should do my shopping as soon as possible, while the traders are eager to sell their stuff at low prices.

Yes, that batek is not very old. It is the same batek I wore on the day our school lost to SMK Darul Ehsan in the debate competition. Remember, "Organic Food Is Better Than Conventional Food"? It is an important event!!!! Since that day, I started to lose at least 6kg! Not a big number but enough to show what a great effect it had on me.... maybe that's what we call a blessing in disguise!

Certain old baju kurungs are worn again when I , out of the blue, become 'lighter'. I tell you, if I can fit into the baju below (again), I would hold a kenduri (thanksgiving) to celebrate this occasion.....



No comments: