Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Unpredictable

"I think this has something to do with tangents"
Waiting for the bell with Ah Cheok in 5A

Didn't I warn you about being a teacher? Always be prepared for the unexpected!

In the morning, the first surprise was that all the teachers were present!!!! So, I escaped preparing the relief duty. Even my partner, Pn Nor Anisah couldn't contain her smile......

Later, I entered the hall, expecting the worst to happen. But, hell NO! My 5KJ were quietly doing Pendidikan Seni Visual SPM Trial Paper. There was a class , 5KM, doing Gerak Gempur (Math) at the same time. I just had to smile (with THAT smile) at them and the hall was all peace and quiet.

Vinod from 5KM (I taught him in 2005 and 2006) turned to me with a pleading expression.
"Teacher, do you mind showing me how to do this one? Maybe I didn't come to school when my teacher covered this topic".

"OK, I'll try. But first, take out your Maths reference book".

And so , suddenly, my Maths knowledge was put to the test and I managed to explain to him how to derive the answer. Just hope that he could remember the technique!

Very much later, about half an hour before school ended, I went to 5A; thinking "Ah, this is going to be easy". But, hell NO!

I thought I could admire RFuh's drawing but there was no peace. I also thought of asking NTHuan about her birthday today but she was not in school. I also thought of asking a student who's planning to buy a laptop whether he had read today's The Star InTech regarding 'Mini Wonders' (this is a must-read for him!) but the class was simply not conducive for a decent conversation.

I began to think that the hall was an easier place to handle! And so finally, as you can see above, I stood near the door, asking 2 questions (as part of my Aidil Fitri quiz). Ah Cheok seemed at ease before someone pointed out the fact that he would be in that photo.

Thank God, at 12.30 pm I was saved by the bell!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!
I am amazed to see a malay who can write this good!
i think u can even make your own book...
congrats!

maheranhz said...

happypeople,
thanks for your comment. i wish i could do just that!

Anonymous said...

HOW DARE IS HAPPYPEOPLE SAY TT U R WRITING GOOD......IT SHOULD BE XCELENT..........

MayB happy people do not realise you r a english teacher..............................hehehehe

maheranhz said...

kelvin liew,
at least 5 per cent of bonus marks for ur trial exam paper!.....