Friday, September 5, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I must have pushed myself too far!

Last Wednesday's sahur (predawn meal) was a disaster. We got up late, past the 5.00 am mark.

Normally my husband wakes me up at about 4.30 am so that I could cook some fried rice and chicken nuggets. In fact, on certain days I can get up on my own at 2.00 am to complete my work before heading to the kitchen.

So, on that Wednesday, during the panic, I was having trouble with my memory. "Hey, where's the panadols?" You see, panadols are what I normally take to ease my pain these few days. As it was almost subuh (5.51 am), and we cannot consume anything after subuh, I had to resort to my painkillers, reluctantly.

Everything seemed normal until my head began to spin at 11.00 am. I was in the hall invigilating the Gerak gempur. As soon as Pn Kelly took over my duty, I went up to my room eagerly, thinking of what I should do next in my pathetic condition.

It was another one hour to the meeting between my boss and the Math, Science and English Language teachers, regarding the use of computer and LCD.

Guess the ending of this story?

I was nowhere to be found during the 2-hour meeting because I was overcome by the drowsy effects of the painkiller and I was actually snoring (not literally) on my office floor. Sorry boss!

No comments: