Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Young Man, You Da Man!

It must be cold and lonely being the only boy in this house.

I am blessed with 2 boys and 4 girls (among other gifts and blessings which God has showered me with).

Since my second boy is studying elsewhere, the other young man has to bear the costs of loneliness. He didn't want to leave this house 4 years ago even though he had the opportunity to do so. My husband and I found his preference to be wise, hence there was no interference from us in his decision-making. Keeping an open mind helps develop a child to take up responsibility for his choice.

Every now and then, my husband goes out with him (or sometimes it is done in our living room), just to let him enjoy the 'man-to-man' talk. Mum must be kept out of the way, at these times, since she has her own private time with each of her children.

Whenever he is down, (mum can sense it best), we let him tell us every thing, yeah, I repeat, every thing, .........no matter how ridiculous it is. Of course, being a young man who is macho (and handsome, ehem, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder), he knows his limits, and if it is none of my business, he has every right to keep it to himself.

I know, what my prof mentioned in the lecture room , is certainly true , that is :

"...One day, a young man/lady will find solace in some other form (could be a thing/ a person) , no parent is able to provide him with the comforts which he/she needs...then."

But before that happens, my husband and I would like to be the ones he needs most.....

No comments: